In this article, we present steps to use WhatsApp on iPad without breaking protection. This will allow you to use the popular WhatsApp messaging system on the big screen of your iPad.
Use WhatsApp in iPad
Previously, you can use the workaround to install WhatsApp directly on your iPad. However, this method has stopped working since the release of iOS 9.
For now, the only way to get it on an iPhone without jailbreak devices is to use WhatsApp, a web version called WhatsApp Web.
Unfortunately, in order to use WhatsApp Web on your iPad, you still need an iPhone or Android phone with a valid WhatsApp account.
Note: If you don’t have WhatsApp on your iPhone, you can refer to this guide: How to set up and use WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Related Article: How to use Whatsapp for Web?
Steps to getting WhatsApp on iPad
Although the WhatsApp Web extension was developed to use it on PCs and Macs, you can use it on your iPad, but you need some solutions.
Make sure to put your iPhone or Android phone with a valid WA account near your iPad and follow the steps below to get WA on your iPad.
- Open Safari on your iPad.
- Type web.whatsapp.com in the search bar and click Go.
- When you access the website from your mobile device, you will be redirected to the WhatsApp Mobile version (whatsapp.com).
- To access the desktop version of WhatsApp, tap and hold the Update icon, then click the “Request Desktop Location” option on the menu that appears.
This will refresh the page and you will be redirected to web.whatsapp.com and you will see a QR code on your iPad screen.
- Now open WhatsApp on your iPhone, click Settings on the bottom menu, and then click WhatsApp Web / Desktop in the menu that appears.
If you’re using an Android phone, tap the 3-dot menu icon> WhatsApp Web.
- On the next screen, click OK. Get it, then use the rear camera of your iPhone or Android to scan the QR code displayed on your iPad screen.
- After scanning the QR code, you will immediately see all the messages on your screen.
Next, you can enjoy the full functionality of WA on the big screen of your iPad. You can send and receive messages on your device, just like your smartphone.
Logout from The Web.
After using WA on your iPad, be sure to remember to sign out of WA by clicking the Menu icon> Sign out option in the drop-down menu.
Note: Just turning off the Safari tab on your iPad won’t get you out of WA on your iPad.
Download WhatsApp for IOS